Münster is located in the north-west of Germany close to the Dutch border. The biotechnology campus is located at the outskirts of the city about 30 minutes from Münster-Osnabrück International Airport (FMO). An excellent infrastructure for commercialization of research results is provided by:
- the Technologieförderung Münster, which provides10,000 square meters of laboratory space and offices for new companies,
- the Technologiepark Münster, which provides 66,000 square meters for companies in the phase of expansion,
- the Biotechnology Center (bioZ) Münster with specialized laboratory space (S1) for growing biotech companies,
- the Center for Nanotechnology (CeNTech), which provides 2,500 square meters of specialized laboratory space for nano-bioanalytical research being performed by university groups and companies,
- the EUREGIO Biotechnology Center, which provides laboratory space, equipment and scientific personnel for biotechnology start-up companies,
- Nano-Bioanalytik-Zentrum Münster (NBZ) with a apecial technological infrastructure dedicated to SMEs which develop nanobioanalytical methods and instruments.
- bioanalytik-muenster, a local network of companies and research centers, working as the central communication and information platform for all partners.